Learn everything about gTrade, the liquidity-efficient decentralized leveraged trading platform.
- 1.Full custody of your funds -> no deposit or signup
- 2.Median spot prices -> no scam-wicks
- 3.Crypto, forex, stocks, indices, and commodities available
- 4.High leverages available -> up to 150x on cryptos, 1000x on forex, 50x on stocks, 35x on indices, 250x on commodities
- 5.Competitive fees
- 6.Transparent & decentralized -> 100% on-chain execution of trades
- 7.Top-notch user experience -> interface evolved with more than 2 year of users feedback
- 1.No order books or liquidity for each pair -> single gDAI vault for all trading pairs listed. -> 100x+ more capital efficient.
- 2.Synthetic leverage (not borrowed) -> up to 100x+ more capital efficient (depending on leverage used).
- 3.Real-time custom Chainlink decentralized oracle network (DON) -> real-time spot prices on-demand, on-chain. -> first oracle network of this kind on mainnet ever.
Trades are opened with DAI collateral, regardless of the trading pair. The leverage is synthetic and backed by the DAI vault, and the GNS token. DAI is taken from the vault to pay the traders PNL (if positive) or receives DAI from trades their PnL was negative.
While all derivatives platforms generate their own prices through order books or similar models, which often ends up in prices that do not correspond to the real spot price of the asset, we use a custom real-time Chainlink node operators network to get the median price for each trading order.
The DON effectively filters out any outlier price action happening on a single exchange, whether done through manipulation purposes or simply from a lack of liquidity, allowing traders to rest at ease since they don't be liquidated because of a scam wick, for example.
It is worth noting that these are your trades. We cannot open, close, or edit any aspect of your open trades unless you have approved the smart contract to allow this by setting a stop loss or take profit, or if you are in a position which necessitates liquidation.
Please note that there is a function available to governance to pause the opening of new trades which is used when a contract is upgraded - but this would not close any traders open positions, all traders still retain control on closing their trades.
Finally, the trading engine is fully decentralized and users keep custody of the funds. We do not require any sign up or deposit to start trading.
As the gTrade architecture uses multiple price sources for every pair, the ETH/USD price only dipped down to 2980.32 on a specific volatile movement.
Lets take a look at the price action on one of the best known centralized exchanges.
2977.62 was the bottom. This means one of your trades could have been liquidated on this exchange because it would have reached below your liquidation threshold, and your trade would not have remained open to later see profit.
The price difference between the Chainlink DON and the centralized exchange price is 0.09% in this case, which represents 13.5% PnL on 150x leverage. This example is an average one, as it often happens multiple times a week, and it is clearly enough to make a trading strategy unprofitable. There is also generally a bigger one once a month with sometimes 1% or more of difference compared to our fair median feed.
Not only that - but if you look at the liquidity, selling your position would've taken the price down further, which would have contributed to the so-called "scam wick" on this exchange.
Due to the high liquidity efficiency of using a single liquidity pool and DAI vault for all orders executed on all pairs listed, we are able to offer the widest trading pairs and leverages offering.
We have also been improving the interface and listening to users feedback for more than one year now.
The fees are distributed to the team, project fund, gDAI liquidity providers, GNS staking, referrals, and to the network of NFT bots executing the limit orders in a decentralized manner.
Since all trades use DAI liquidity layer (trading vault), we have a big advantage over other platforms who have to build new liquidity in their order books every time they list a new pair, and maintain high liquidity on each pair.
By building a big DAI vault (with trading fees incentives), every trading pair listed on our platform benefits from bigger position sizes. This means the platform only requires DAI liquidity for ALL pairs that can be traded on the platform.
This is only possible because our architecture doesn't match buying/selling orders using an order book, and because the leverage of trades is "virtual". The PnL is calculated in our smart contracts and settled against the DAI vault.
- 1.Limit of 3 open trades per trading pair per wallet. -> will be removed in the future
- 2.Maximum open interest (long/short) per pair. -> risk management for liquidity providers.
- 3.Maximum open collateral (long/short) per asset class. -> risk management for liquidity providers
- 4.Winning percentage on each trade collateral capped at 900%. -> risk management for liquidity providers