How to use Practice Mode
The Practice mode can be used in order to test gTrade as though you are live trading, but without using collateral with value. It is done on the Polygon Mumbai Testnet.
You will need:
- 1.A Web3 wallet like Metamask connected to the Mumbai Testnet
- 2.Testnet MATIC to pay for transactions
- 3.Testnet DAI to use as collateral
Let's set it up: 1. The fastest way is to click the Network dropdown on gains.trade, click the network dropdown and click Mumbai - Practice.
tMATIC is just a cosmetic change to indicate we are on the Testnet.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the button.
Then go to Metamask, click the network dropdown and click "Add Network" where you can use the following settings:
Confirmation of getting Testnet MATIC.
3. Ensure you have selected the Mumbai - Practice option from the network dropdown on the trading page, and ensure that your wallet is connected in the top right hand corner. If it doesn't look right, refresh the page and click "Connect Wallet", and check that you have the correct wallet connected by clicking on Metamask and checking it displays a green dot next to "Connected".
I'm still awaiting my Testnet Matic from the faucet, give it a few minutes to arrive!
4. Once you are connected you can click 'Approve' in the trading panel, and then click 'Get 10,000 DAI' to get your practice DAI.
Click Approve, send the transaction, then click Get 10,000 DAI and send the transaction.
You can then use the platform as you would on the mainnet!
If your testnet DAI balance drops below 1,000 DAI, the button will show again so you can claim 10,000 DAI more.